Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the first attempt to create
a deep, story-driven role-playing game set in the epic Galaxy first introduced
by George Lucas in it's blockbuster movie Star Wars: A New Hope. It will
be both available for PC and Microsoft's Xbox console.
The game features:
- Immersive, action-packed Star Wars role-playing experience
with customizable and evolving playable characters.
- Choose from nine customizable characters to build your
party of three adventurers, including humans, droids, Twi'leks, and
- Journey spans seven different worlds including Tatooine,
Sith world of Korriban, Jedi Academy on Dantooine and Wookiee homeworld
- Build your party and upgrade your equipment in your
own starship, the Ebon Hawk.
- Fast paced mini-games -- such as racing swoop bikes,
or manning turret guns.
- The game is now available on the Xbox, and is scheduled
for Fall 2003 on the PC.
The game's Opening Crawl reads this way:
A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away...
Four thousand years before the rise of the Galactic Empire, the Republic
verges on a collapse. DARTH MALAK, last surviving apprentice of the Dark
Lord Revan, has unleashed an invincible Sith armada upon an unsuspecting
Crushing all resistance, Malak's war of conquest has left the Jedi Order
scattered and vulnerable as countless Knights fall in battle, and many
more swear allegiance to the new Sith Master.
In the skies above the Outer Rim world Taris, a Jedi battle fleet engages
the forces of Malak in a desperate effort to halt the Sith's galactic