Instructions for Pazaak:
When challenging another player to a game of Pazaak, the first order
of business is to make a wager on the match. Use your directional pad
to change the amount wagered, and then accept the bet and begin the match.
Once the wager has been locked in, the side deck for the match must be
selected from the currently available cards in the deck. A basic Pazaak
deck has two of each card numbered +1 to +6 available to create a side
deck. The side deck must consist of 10 cards.
Selecting your deck:
With an Xbox, use your directional pad
to highlight a card and press the Y button to add it to your side deck.
Cards can be removed from the side deck by pulling the right trigger to
switch the selection, highlighting the card to be removed and pressing
the Y button. Press the A button to proceed to the game once 10 cards
are in the side deck.
With an PC, use ythe mouse to highlight a card and left click to add it to your side deck. Cards can be removed from the side deck by highlighting the card to be removed left clicking. Click ACCEPT to proceed to the game once 10 cards are in the side deck.
Object of the game:
The object of the game is to have the face up cards total higher than
the opponent's hand without exceeding a total of 20. If a player's total
is greater than 20 at the end of the turn (a 'BUST'), the opponent wins
the set. A player must win three sets to win the match. When the match
begins, four of the cards from the side deck will be randomly drawn to
from the player's HAND during the match. Additional side deck cards can
be found with values from +/- 1 to +/- 6. During your game, you will also come across some special advanced cards: 3&6, 2&4, a Tie Breaker card, a Pazaak Card Double and a +/- 1/2 card..
- 3&6 cards: these cards will change the sign (positive or negative) of all all the 3s and the 6s you've played. Example: if you use the 3&6 card while your total is 21 and you've already played a 6 card, the value of the 6 card will be changed to -6. Which means your new total will be 9. Why not 15? Simple: That doesn't just subtract 6 from your total, it changes the initial value of the 6 card you've played as if you were playing it for the first time. In other words, the 6 points that was
added for playing that card initally are taken away, and an another 6 points are deducted.
- 2&4 cards: works the same way as the 3&6 cards but it will change the values of your 2s and 4s.
- Pazaak Card Double: this card doubles the value of last flipped card.
- Tie Breaker: if the score is tied (and the opponent has chosen to stand), then playing this card results in a win.
- +/- 1/2 card: this card can change both its sign and its value.
The first player draws a card from the main deck and plays it face up
to begin the turn. This is done automatically. After each card is played,
an additional card can be played from the HAND by highlighting the card
and pressing the X button (Xbox) or dragging the card (PC). Playing a HAND card is optional. Also, you
can only play one HAND card per turn. The player can also chose to END the turn, or STAND with the current
total. This continues until one player wins the set. Ties do not count.
Cards from the player's hand can only be used once, so the four cards
must last the entire match.
Tip: If the total is over 20 after the draw and there
is a negative card in the side deck, you can play it to bring your total
back under 20. Also, you automatically win the game if you play all 9 cards without bringing your total over 20.